Head of Passenger Sales & Distribution USD 73,000 – 95,000
BlueSky Airlines, based in the Cayman Islands, is developing a new commercial airline whose primary mission is to interconnect the Caribbean and Latin America region.
We are looking for an individual with the proven ability to:
- Establish the initial overall sales and distribution strategy in coordination with CCO;
- Establish and codify Sales and Distribution policies and processes in coordination with the Commercial Department Heads;
- Identify the (IT) system requirements for above processes and manage the integration of the IT systems and procedures into the organization including staff training and communication;
- Ensure adequate coverage of the markets via a combination of own and 3rd party resources e.g. GSAs;
- Monitor the markets for changes in demand, competition, economic and distribution trends and provide timely repots to CCO;
- Develop and implement management reporting tools to measure sales performance and effectiveness of sales activities;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key customers and intermediaries in all markets;
- Recruit, build and develop a strong Sales and Distribution team;
- Develop and attain sales targets for all markets and sales channels.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of international airline sales and distribution experience at a managerial level;
- Proven recent experience with rapidly and successfully developing new markets through efficient use of resources;
- Proven experience with developing successful sales strategies, incentive programmes and contracts;
- Strong knowledge and experience in airline distribution;
- Strong leadership and team-building abilities;
- Ability to handle simultaneous projects and adapt to a quickly changing environment;
- Strong negotiating skills, verbal, written communication and presentation skills;
- Proven strategic analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and focus on teamwork;
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint;
- Start-up experience is highly valued.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with desired major in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or other business-based field.